Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Another Great Night in Masonry

I had the pleasure of attending an Entered Apprentice degree at Flint Lodge #23 last evening. The evening started off with the usual fine food by Battiste. There were many brothers in attendance to witness the initiating of a young man very close to WB Billy Gordon, secretary of Flint Lodge #23.

WB Billy took the east and did a wonderful job. WB Billy also asked me to fill in as secretary. In all of my years in the craft, this was the first time I had ever propounded the constitutional questions to a candidate. It seems like such a small insignificant part until one has the opportunity to actually do it. It became instantly clear that this is a vital and very important part of any candidate's entry into Masonry.

Writing this blog and sharing my insights has opened my eyes and ears and prompts me to watch and listen more intently than ever. While we like to have fun and enjoy ourselves, the Entered Apprentice degree is a wonderful experience in the journey of a man's Masonic travels. The EA degree should prompt every brother to re-examine not only his Masonic life but his life in general.

A short time ago I bumped into a brother at Grand Blanc's fish dinner, this brother is a good friend who I had lost touch with. So, we had a great dinner and conversation that evening, I told him that I would be calling him to let him know of some upcoming degrees. Yesterday seemed like a good time to call....so I did....and invited him to come down and experience some good Masonic fellowship. Well what do you know, he showed up and had a great time and became reacquainted with some brothers from his lodge and others and made some new friends as well. He did comment that he was a little taken back by some of the brothers wearing jeans, this brother probably hasn't sat in lodge for twenty years......but that is how it was back in the old days if you can call twenty years ago, the old days.

The apron was magnificently presented by Grand Chaplain Emeritus WB Joel Florida, the lectures were very well done as well as the closing charge. After comments from the floor, WB John Arnould gave a short talk on BOAZ. WB Larry Wright closed in the long form.....hats off to WB Larry for doing the right thing.

Just a wonderful night in Masonry......in.....Ancient District 20......

No comments: